Friday, January 18, 2013

SHOT show Day 4 - winding down

It's Friday morning, I am sitting in the press room, and I can see by looking at the people here that it has been a long four days. There are only perhaps half of the crowd here that has been here each day for the last three days. I'm sure a lot of people came for three days and have returned home today so they would have a weekend when they got back to the house.

It is about a 15 minute walk from the hotel where I am staying to the shot show and this morning, I had the opportunity to walk with and visit with Joe Waldron from the Second Amendment foundation. That is one of the most interesting parts of the shot show, the opportunity to meet interesting and knowledgeable people in the industry and get the word firsthand, so to speak, rather than hearing things second or third hand from unreliable sources.

The cost of everything here in Las Vegas is very expensive and food is no exception. The typical cost for a buffet meal is $20-$22 per person, and some are even more than that. Last night after the show, when I went foraging for dinner, I found a Denny's nearby. It was a pleasant surprise to find that the Denny's prices were the same as they are at all of the other Denny's that I've ever been to, and I was even more pleasantly surprised at just how good my dinner last night was. Instead of spending $25 or $30 or $40 for dinner at the other restaurants in the area, I had a senior special chicken fried steak meal for $8.99. It was good! Needless to say, I will be back there again tonight for dinner.

I have just about finished my cup of coffee, and it is time to pack up my gear and head out to the show floor. There is no Internet access at my hotel, or, I should say at $10 a day there is no way I'm going to pay that for Internet access at the hotel! I will probably get one more post up later today,and then, I probably won't have anything to post for a day or so as I will be traveling to get home and then sleeping to recover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted