Monday, February 13, 2006

Best Comedian - Results of Vote


Here's the final tally for the vote on who you consider to be the best comedian. I was surprised to see Bob Hope get more votes than Jack Benny, but that's a personal preference, I guess.

I suspected there are a lot of "Monty Pythonites" out there, and that's why I included John Cleese.

All things considered, every comedian on the list has given me some wonderful laughs over the years.

John Cleese with the Ministry of Silly Walks, The Cheese Shop, and the Parrot sketch, are some of my favorites.

Red Skelton's characters, including Freddie the Freeloader, and the two seagulls Gertrude and Heathcliffe were wonderful comedy.

And how could we ever forget Jack Benny, arms folded across his chest, one hand to his chin, yelling "Rochester!"

Ah yes, a whole lot of funny memories. How lucky we are to have had the chance to hear and see these geniuses of comedy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted