Monday, June 02, 2008

"Hey - Bo Diddley" 1928-2008 R.I.P.


Bo Diddley is now playing his unique brand of rock and roll at a venue somewhere above, I suspect, jamming with so many of the musicians who have gone before. Bo was definitely an original, from his square guitar to his distinctive rhythm patterns.

I actually have one thing in common with Bo Diddley as we share the same birthday. Although not usually mentioned in any of the articles I've read about Bo, he was one of few high profile rockers who had female musicians in his band. Looking at many of the male rock musicians today, I think I can understand his thinking. If they can play well and they're good looking too, why would you want some sweaty ugly guys in your band? It makes sense to me.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted