Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Help on .41 Rimfire Cartridge Info

I got an email asking for some help tracking down some information on an old cartridge. I don't know the answer, but I'm sure one of you all out there will have the information they are looking for.

Here's the email:

"I am trying to find information on a .41 rimfire short cartridge that has a headstamp "P" (not raised). I believe this cartridge was manufactured by the Peters Manufacturing Company in the 1860's but I'm having a very hard time finding information."

If you have any info, please leave a comment, or drop me an email and I'll post it for you.

Thanks!

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, June 18, 2008 8:36:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would recommend the book "Cartridges Of The World" as a reference.

They have a lot of info on long obsolete cartridges (and some reloading data too) plus a section on rimfires, IIRC.

Merle

 
At Wednesday, June 18, 2008 9:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank You!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted