Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Fish Story


I finally got around to going fishing this morning but after a while I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth, and frogs are good bass bait. Knowing the snake couldn't bite me with the frog in his mouth, I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog and put it in my bait bucket.

Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit.

I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth. His eyes rolled back, he went limp, I released him into the lake without incident, and carried on my fishing with the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.

There was that same snake, with two frogs in his mouth...........

Thanks, Chuck, for the story.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Saturday, January 30, 2010 7:36:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, this is how I learned to control my curiosity...
I was walking along the wall that surrounds the local loony bin. I heard a bunch of voices laughing and chanting, "13! 13! 13! 13!" I walked a little closer and the chanting was louder, "13! 13! 13! 13!" I saw a hole in the wall, looked through and got poked in the eye with a stick! The voices started chanting "14! 14! 14! 14!"
david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted