Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Busy Week!

Between work, getting ready for(and recovering after!) handgun matches, and pushing ahead with the Gun Blogger Rendezvous planning, I haven't had a lot of time for blogging. I've even been falling behind on reading my favorite blogs.

Yesterday evening I spent some time at the CWSA range on a work party. We picked up a bunch of rocks and miscellaneous stuff from the new berms on the 75 yard range. "Evil AL", LouG, another fellow I've never met, and I in less than two hours made quite a difference to the appearance of the berms. Do you belong to a gun club with an outdoor range? Do you participate when the club has work parties? You don't think the work gets done by itself, do you???

I got a chance to spend some time at an indoor range today with a new shooter, getting him "Dialed in" for a fun steel match Weekend after next. I reworked and blueprinted a pair of S&W model 22A's for him and for his son, and he shot the better part of a brick of cheap Federal bulk pack hollow points without a single mis-feed.

After that I loaded up another 50 rounds of .480 Ruger for Saturday's pin shoot. I had loaded up another 100 rounds of 9mm. the day before, also for the same shoot. Two days ago I fitted a new extractor to my High Standard race gun, and rebuilt and re-tuned one of the magazines with a new spring and follower. It now seems to be working as it should.

Tomorrow night I'm speaking at our local fishing club about walleye and perch fishing, since we are having a club weekend outing in early June to Banks Lake in Eastern Washington. Friday night KeeWee and I and another couple are heading over to Holmes Harbor Rod & Gun club for the once a month prime rib dinner. YUM!

Saturday morning bright and early we're off to Coupeville and the CWSA range for a bowling pin shoot. Sunday nothing is scheduled, which is a good thing!

Got some more good news pending regarding the Gun Blogger Rendezvous, but I'm awaiting confirmation before saying anything............

Stay tuned!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted