Sunday, April 29, 2007

Wrens in the Carport

FEED ME ! ! !

In a previous post I mentioned that I had discovered a wren's nest in the carport in a cardboard box stacked next to the garbage can, and underneath several other boxes. I was afraid that I might have disturbed it when I moved a couple of the boxes. I put everything back as close to "As Was" as possible, and crossed my fingers that momma bird would return, as there were several small pinkish eggs in the nest.

I checked today and sure enough, the eggs have hatched and there are now at least three little wren chicks in the nest, maybe more. I can't get very close to the nest to take a good picture, but I did the best I could.

I know that they mature really quickly, but I wonder how long it takes from hatching to being able to fly for wrens. Anybody know?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted