Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Washington Storm Report

Since roughly 3am. KeeWee and I have been without electricity due to the series of storms hitting Western Washington. I am blogging from my laptop, with the DSL router plugged into a uninterruptable power supply. I have no idea how long the router will run before the battery is exhausted. I am holding a mini-maglite in my teeth so I can see the keyboard to type! At times like this I certainly do envy touch typists! We are warm and dry, and there has been no damage to the house or outbuildings so far. It sounds like the worst of the storms have been hitting North of us. It's not the wind velocities that are such a problem, as it is the thorough soaking the ground has received over the last few days, loosening the soil and making otherwise stable tree go over in winds they normally would withstand. We are in good shape with plenty of food and water, lots of full propane bttles for the portable heaters, and plenty of guns and ammo. Shouldn't need the guns and ammo, but we're ready, anyhow!

I better get this posted, as I don't know how long the batteries are going to last.

Keep your powder dry!!

UPDATE: The UPS battery expired before I got this posted, so I grabbed the 300W inverter I carry in the RV for emergencies and hooked it up to a fairly good sized 12v. sealed lead acid battery from a big UPS. This got the router going again, so now I can get this posted, I hope......

2 Comments:

At Thursday, November 16, 2006 5:24:00 AM, Blogger Manfred said...

I hope you and your familly are well.

Take care.
Manfred.

 
At Thursday, November 16, 2006 11:22:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stay safe... and warm :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted