Thursday, February 16, 2006

Present Arms

The following post is quoted in its entirety from Rivrdog's blog:

Present Arms

Today is the First anniversary of the death, in valiant military action, of Sgt. Adam Plumondore, USA.

Adam, I never knew you, but by handling a simple request from a man I respect greatly, Kim DuToit, I became involved in the honors ceremonies for your Return.

I post no links today, I am not trying to inflate my blogging statistics.

I'm just trying to help a grateful nation remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice.

I'm going to a country club for dinner tonight. I will have the waiter captain cause an extra place to be set for you, Adam. You won't be there in person, but you will be in spirit.

I promise you that, Sergeant.

Rest easy, Soldier.
When you sit down to dinner tonight, you don't necessarily have to set an extra place at the table, but you should stop and reflect for a moment on all of the Americans who have given their lives so that we may have liberty and freedom here in the Unites States.

2 Comments:

At Thursday, February 16, 2006 10:42:00 AM, Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

I will dod such a thing; and remind my children of the sacrifices made by men such as Adam.

 
At Thursday, February 16, 2006 11:12:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you
Check out the latest obscenity from SF
"San Francisco voters took a stand Tuesday against military recruitment on public school campuses, voted to keep firehouses open and approved the nation's toughest ban on handguns by making it illegal for city residents to possess them.

Proposition H, which requires city residents who already own guns to turn them in to police by April 1, was winning 58 percent to 42 percent with 98 percent of precincts counted.

The measure also makes it illegal to buy, sell, distribute and manufacture firearms and ammunition in the city."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted