Wednesday, January 04, 2006

South Whidbey Record Bans Gun Ads

From the Dec. 28th. Edition of the South Whidbey Record



While looking through the want-ads in our local left-wing community newspaper, the South Whidbey Record, I came across the above ad. I almost don't know where to start. Sure, if they decided to not run gun ads, that's fine, they can do that, it's THEIR newspaper, but to put this into the want-ads? That was pretty smart, huh?

The best part is that they are refusing gun ads for "the protection of their readers". Is it that the've done the demographics and have determined that their readers are too stupid to own guns, or if they see an ad for a gun they will rush right out and buy it, and then shoot their eye out?

Maybe they are protecting us from those evil guns that keep shooting people, all by themselves.

Perhaps they are going to protect us from STOLEN guns. That being the case, I guess they'll have to shut down their want-ads completely to protect us from stolen computers, stereos, cameras, and everything else they list in their ads.

No wait, I've got it! By making sure I can't find any guns to buy by not running gun ads, I will then not HAVE any guns, and if a drugged-up biker out on parole kicks in my front door in the middle of the night, instead of shooting the SOB with a gun, and possibly injuring him, I should whack him smartly with a rolled up copy of the South Whidbey Record and firmly announce "Bad Biker!" Perfect...........

I wonder what would happen if someone from the Committee to re-elect Kerry called up with a bunch of guns to sell that had been donated to their fund-raising campaign?

If any of you would like to make a free phone call to talk to these folks, their number is 1-800-825-9001

Knowing that I'm so conscientiously protected makes me feel SO much better!

Sheeeshhh........

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, January 04, 2006 10:45:00 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said...

This one deserves to be in Curmudgeons, Mr. C

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:02:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes the baltimore stun err sun did that same thing years ago. I decided that in order to protect myself from their idiocy I would no longer get their paper.

I already called them the last time one of their drivers dropped a "courtesy" copy on my driveway that I would be calling the police and see about getting them fined for littering...

K

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 9:37:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

We do a lot of fishing around here, and we need something to wrap the fish in. When we locals refer to the South whidbey Record as the local fish wrapper, it's the truth!

......Mr. C.

 
At Thursday, January 05, 2006 8:53:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Sad.
Many of little papers here in Ohiya have firearms classifieds, but most (all?) of the big cities (like the Toledo commie Blade) axed them long ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted