Tuesday, October 11, 2005

C-More Sight - UPDATE

Those are 3/8" bulls........

Got a chance to go fire a couple of hundred rounds through my High Standard race gun using the newly mounted C-More red dot sight. Mounting it to the scope mount was uneventful, and just as it should be! Removing the somewhat heavier, and much bulkier Simmons 42mm. red dot sight changed the feel of the gun a bit, but not a lot. The dot seems to be about where I expect it to be, and the smaller and brighter dot is really nice too.

The elevation adjustment is smooth and well marked, and once set, can be locked with a set screw so it will stay where you put it. The windage adjustment isn't marked for left or right, but a little trial and error, and I had both set where I wanted them to be, and locked. Since I primarily shoot bowling pin top competition, I sighted in for twenty-five feet from a bench rest. The above targets were my last two "sighters", ten rounds into each one.

After getting it sighted in, I went to shooting some off-hand rapid-fire, and I was well pleased with the results. A little more getting used to the changes in balance and overall feel, and I think I'm going to REALLY like this sight.

I've got a pin shoot in two weeks, that should be time enough to get used to it.

So far I am definitely impressed!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted