Saturday, October 08, 2005

e-Postal entry - A Great Email!


Here's an email I received from e-Postal match shooters DJ and daughter Amy:

"This is my first match submission. I have never shot in a competition before. Just personal target shooting and for fun. I've been teaching my daughter to shoot over the last few months and helping her to improve her skills when I take her to the range.

We shot the class one targets with a Crosman 1008 Repeatair CO2 pistol I found in a garage sale a couple weeks back. Just for fun, I've never even shot it at targets before, just at pizza boxes in the back yard. I was pleased with how well it shot this competition.

The class 2 we shot with 22 pistols. Amy used an AMT lightning {Ruger Mk II Clone}, while I used my browning Buckmark Camper. She embarrassed me! Shot very well with it for the first time attempting to shoot from a support. Looking at my target I can tell I needed to spend some time sighting the Buckmark in. :/

We lost the light and shot the last few class 2 sets after the sun set. I might have shot a few more individual entries otherwise. We still had fun and it was a great excuse to spend some quality time with my girl."

That's what it's all about, folks!

2 Comments:

At Saturday, October 08, 2005 10:51:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on training a new shooter AND getting into some competition!!!
Stay with it - you'll be surprised how much fun these "different" types of targets are, compared to conventional bullseye.

Merle

 
At Sunday, October 09, 2005 7:08:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stand by to grumble...

...and just where do you get the gunsmoke from a CO2 pistol?

No gunsmoke, not much of an experience...

Just grumbling...

Rivrdog

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted