Friday, October 21, 2005

Blogger Blastorama - Latest Breaking News


The planning is well underway for next weekend's Blogger Blastorama, bowling pin blast, and pumpkin slaughter.

I hear rumors that there will be a "Head-to-head" grudge match shoot-off between Mr. Completely and Rivrdog. The weapon of choice will be a finely tuned, incredibly accurate Jennings J-22 "race gun". It will be interesting to see if EITHER of these two can hit a target at ten yards with the Jennings!

The bookmakers are already looking into the odds, (and so far they all seem to agree that both of these guys are a little odd), and both Reno and Vegas are following the developments closely.

We've heard a rumor that the second assistant Sports Page editor for the East Undershirt Kansas Gazette may actually be there in person, possibly even filing shot by shot reports to the newsmedia.

It has also been rumored that well known radio commentator Wally Ballou may possibly be doing live radio commentary of the event.

I sure hope the vegetable rights folks don't show up and start protesting our treatment of the pumpkins as they are prone to do at events like these. They can be very annoying, with the signs and chanting and all.

October 30th. is the day, that's next Sunday!

Clearly the social event of the entire Fall season.....


Send an email to b l o g ( a t ) w h i d b e y ( d o t ) com if you have any questions as to times or directions.

8 Comments:

At Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:52:00 AM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said...

Sounds like a blast (no pun intended)...sorry I won't be able to make it.

Saturday, 30 Oct is scheduled for (prepare yourself for the excitement): quartery EO training, winter safety training, and ethics class. Army's got me working basically everyday until Christmas Eve. Oh, in Yakima.

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:30:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heartless, at least you'll be on the Yakima Firing Range, so you might hear the distant sound of rifle/arty fire through the windows as your trainer drones on.

You reminded me of why I was glad to retire from the Air Guard in '95...

Mr C: In your dreams you think you are going to beat me with a Jennings. Your challenge is accepted, and I'll now bring the Beretta Minx .22 Short. According to rules of duels, the challenged person (and I'm always challenged, according to my trolls) gets the choice of weapons. OK, I choose the Beretta for myself and the Jennings for YOU. Heh-heh.

We'll see...

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 8:53:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Well, as a believer in fair play and the cowboy code of ethics, I'm certainly not going to take advantage of you and your saturday night special! Jennings J-22 "race Guns" can go for as much as twenty-five or thirty bucks, and it is nearly impossible to duplicate THAT level of quality and accuracy in almost any other handgun.

In the sake of fair play, I suggest ten shots into each target, two targets offhand, and two using a rest, with one pair of targets with the Highly touted Jennings, and the second pair with your beretta whatever...

How 'bout that?

......Mr. C.

 
At Saturday, October 22, 2005 7:38:00 PM, Blogger GunnNutt said...

I sure hope someone's going to be live-blogging this duel!

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 8:39:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll have to run that by my Second, who I name as The Kid, but it sounds OK to me. BTW, just a safety note: since the Jennings are reliably reported to shoot their rounds SIDEWAYS, may I presume that the Range Safety Officer has taken that into consideration?

As for the "race" in Race Gun, the only thing "racy" about a Jennings is how fast you make it from living and breathing to six feet under when you bet your life on one of them.

Rivrdog

 
At Sunday, October 23, 2005 10:37:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

The range officer will be standing as far behind the firing line as fences and property lines allow, and will be standing behind the most solid object he can find, such as a truck or a large tree.

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 3:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The social event of the season, hmmm. Since I will be in Travelling status, i.e. a "Class-B" batchelor, will you kindly provide my Social Secretary with the name of a decent cathouse on the island?

 
At Monday, October 24, 2005 3:38:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I'll do my best to get the info you need. How many cats will you be bringing?

......Mr. C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted