Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Steel Challenge - An Intro

Shoot two targets, run to the second box, shoot two more, then shoot the stop plate, all as fast as you can. Piece of cake!


We've decided to add steel challenge matches into next year's shooting schedule at the CWSA range.

To introduce steel challenge shooting to our members, an un-timed (and just as well!!) practice session was run last Friday afternoon.

In steel challenge, there are several different stages, and you shoot each one several times, all against the clock. In some of the stages you shoot from one box for part of it, them move to another box to shoot the rest of it.

For some of us, a sundial would have sufficed! I can see I need a lot of work.....

For a great video taken at the national championships, click here.

Oh, I forgot to add, the really fast shooters hit five targets, including drawing from a holster, in under two seconds!

W O W .........

1 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 19, 2005 7:08:00 PM, Blogger VileBill said...

Mr. C.:
The Steel Challenge intrigues me; it is held here every year in my "neighborhood." Great to see you guys giving it a go. As for me, I have a hard time with the plates myself, I need a sundial AND some one feeding me extra magazines! Hopefully I'll feel good enough to enter it one of these times!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted