Friday, September 09, 2005

One guy + a deuce-and-a-half = Making a difference

While cruising around Rivrdog's blog I came across a link to an absolutely amazing and humbling story about one person making a huge difference in the aftermath of hurricane Katrina. While others sat around, or tried to put a political spin on the situation, John actually took it upon himself to go DO something. Taking along his deuce-and-a -half and his .45 helped, too.

Here's a short excerpt:

"I do not know how many laws I broke, nor do I care. While others sat, I moved. Although I am not proud of everything I did in those seven days, I did directly affect the lives of thousands. I made access to hundreds of homes. I fed and gave water to thousands. I ferried dozens of people to safety. I gave comfort when comfort was all I had to give.

The entire trip cost me between four and five thousand dollars. It was the best spent money in my entire life."


For a full day-by-day account, click here.

1 Comments:

At Friday, September 09, 2005 10:16:00 PM, Blogger Lucy Stern said...

This is quite a story. I hope John's back feels better soon. I'm glad we have people out there like John. God bless him.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted