Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Delta Air Miles Needed - HELP!

I thought I had everything under control for being able to pay for the upcoming trip in May to Holland to shoot in the European Steel Challenge Championships. Having recently run  up a lot of medical and hospital bills, financially things are really tight, but according to Delta, the round trip flight from Seattle to Amsterdam can be paid using my frequent flier miles. The chart shows 30,000 flier miles each way, for a total of 60,000 miles needed. I've got just about 65,000 miles, so I should be good to go, right? Nope, they have higher requirements depending on when you want to fly, and there are no flights even close to the right dates at that rate. In fact, it will take 125,000 flyer miles and $61.00 to get the ticket. That leaves me short by about 60,00 flyer miles to get the ticket. They do give you the option of using your flyer miles as far as they go, and paying cash for the balance, but if I figured that right, that's still another $600 bucks.

If any of you have any Delta Flyer miles you don't need, I sure could use the help coming up with enough to cover the ticket. Last year GunUp.com was sponsoring a shooting team, and they helped with the expenses so I could attend this match. This year they are not sponsoring a team.Very few Americans are willing to spend the time and money going to Europe for the European Championships, which is a shame, as I'm sure there are plenty of shooters in this country for which this is barely pocket change.

Thanks again, and I promise to do the best I can do!

3 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:39:00 PM, Anonymous USCitizen said...

Evidently, I have 79,573 Delta Sky Miles. Will that help?

 
At Wednesday, March 07, 2012 7:47:00 PM, Anonymous USCitizen said...

Uggh. looks like Delta would charge me $330 to transfer 30,000 miles to another SkyMiles account.

Not a good deal.

 
At Thursday, March 08, 2012 1:43:00 AM, Blogger AnarchAngel said...

Yeah same thing. I've got 10,000 spare delta miles, but they'd charge me $130 to transfer them to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted