Friday, May 14, 2010

European Steel Challenge - Day 1

We managed to arrive here in Winterswijk, Holland with any major calamities enroute. Tired, but intact. I've got Blog Station Winterswijk set up in the back corner of the office at the shooting range where the match is being held. We will be pretty busy with the match, but I should be able to blog a bit too.

More details and info later, but for now we're going downstairs to watch the first day of the match.



Update: We went downstairs to the range and watched a number of  the shooters shoot this morning. There are anumber of good shooters here, and I can see that Karin Luyendijk is doing well and is certainly a favorite in the Centerfire Ladies category. KeeWee and I are still jet lagged from the trip and time zone changes, but we are recovering a bit. After watching some of the competition, we headed back to the hotel for a nap. I think we were alseep before our heads hit the pillows!

We need to have it all together by tomorrow morning, as that's when we shoot. I will shoot in the morning starting at 8:45, and KeeWee starts at 1:15, so I will be finished before she starts, so I can follow her around and be pit crew, so to speak. It's a bit dark in the ranges, so non-flash pictures don't come out too well. We are going back downstairs to the range when I finish this post update, so I will play around a bit with the camera settings and see if I can get better pictures.

More later............



Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Friday, May 14, 2010 6:48:00 PM, Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

Best wishes for you and KeeWee in the contest!

 
At Saturday, May 15, 2010 10:58:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck to you both!
david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted