Friday, May 07, 2010

Last Minute Preparations Before Holland

It's just about here, and KeeWee and I can hardly wait to get to Holland for the European Steel Challenge Championships. Last year was our first trip to the European championships and we didn't quite know what to expect. This year we are looking forward to seeing again all the friends we made last year. We aren't looking forward to the bus ride, the airport waits, boneheaded ticket agents, neanderthals in the seat behind us, or the long and uncomfortable flights. The air fares have now more than tripled over last year, and if they are this high next year, even with all of your generous help, there is no way we can afford to attend in 2011.

I've worked hard over the Winter trying to fine tune my technique to squeeze a little bit faster times, and when you increase speed, accuracy usually suffers. I've been working hard, though, trying to bring the accuracy back to where it needs to be at the speeds I am trying to shoot. My fastest runs this year are faster than I could have done last year, but I haven't got the consistency I need. I don't think it's quite there yet, but it's getting close. I've also been working on the High Standard Race guns, and they are running better than ever. The new compensators I've been building seem to make a significant difference.

Tomorrow KeeWee and I are heading over to Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club for a final tune-up steel match prior to leaving on Wednesday for Holland.

The plans in Holland have changed a bit, and a shooter we met last year will meet us at the Airport in Amsterdam on Thursday morning and we will ride with him directly to Winterswijk where the match will be held. Winterswijk is about an hour and a half's drive from Amsterdam. We will spend Thursday, Friday, and Saturday nights in Winterswijk. KeeWee and I will shoot the match on Saturday. Sunday afternoon we will return to Amsterdam and spend Sunday and Monday nights in Amsterdam prior to our early return flight on Tuesday morning. This way we will get one entire day for sight-seeing in Amsterdam.

While we are gone friends will be stopping by the house regularly to make sure that Bun, our pet bunny, is getting enough food, water, and petting!

Whew! It makes me ready for a nap just thinking about it all............

Labels:

2 Comments:

At Saturday, May 08, 2010 7:50:00 AM, Anonymous LibertyNews said...

Hey Mr. C! I'm going to be out at KRRC today as well. I'm not going to shoot the match, but I'll try to track you and kiwi down at last ;)

 
At Saturday, May 08, 2010 11:31:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Travel safe - have fun!
david

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted