Tuesday, March 17, 2009

We Be Goin' To Holland

One of Amsterdam's canals.

After looking at all the deals for airfare, it turns out that if I choose the right days for the flights, the best deal on a Seattle to Amsterdam non-stop round trip was on Northwest Airlines, straight from their website special promo deal. It turns out that using frequent flier miles, unless you have a bazillion of them, it's not much more expensive, and a whole lot simpler, just to buy the dang tickets and be done with it! So that's what I did. On May 20th we fly from Seattle to Amsterdam. We arrive early in the morning, Holland time. We plan to spend the day, and that night, in Amsterdam. The next day we head out to Winterswijk, which is a couple of hours train ride away. We'll spend four days there, shooting and sight-seeing. Then back to Amsterdam for the final night, and fly home the next morning. If any of you know anyone in Amsterdam that can help me with locating the right hotel and finding my way around, let me know.

I'm not sure exactly how I'm going to pay for this, but I'm hoping some sponsors will come through and help with the hotel, food, and other transportation costs.

I have been in contact with Manfred of the Armes et tir Passion blog, and he is going to try to come to Winterswijk with a couple of his shooting friends and shoot the match too. Perhaps Manfred and I will finally meet.

Lots of stuff going on, and more news on the Gun Blogger Rendezvous will be posted soon, so stay tuned!!


Labels:

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 18, 2009 10:43:00 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Yay!! How cool is that?! FF miles are kinda a pain to actually use unless you fly first class - and I only know one guy who does that...

 
At Thursday, March 19, 2009 11:49:00 PM, Blogger James R. Rummel said...

Sounds like a little slice of heaven.

James

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted