Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Mr. C. on Bane's Shooting Gallery?

Michael Bane's Shooting Gallery

I'm hoping one of you out there can help me out. Last Summer I had the opportunity to shoot in the Steel Challenge World Championships in California. It seems that my High Standard/Volquartsen unusual race gun combined with my unconventional technique caught the eyes of some of the media folks filming the event. Tomorrow, Wednesday March 11th. Michael Bane's Shooting Gallery program on the Outdoor Channel will be showing a program filmed at that championship match. Am I in the program? I don't know, but I am in the trailer they have put out to promote the program:


Very early in the trailer you'll see me twice, wearing a two toned light blue/Dark blue shirt. I had to laugh as the sound track has the phrase "Some of the best shooters in the world...." while I'm on the screen! I am clearly NOT one of the best shooters in the world, but what the heck, I'll take it!!

Anyhow, I would like to have someone record the program and somehow get it into a computer format that is either e-mailable or saved to a CD or DVD and mailed my way so I can have a copy of the program. KeeWee and I are living it what must be considered the "Dark Ages" TV-wise, as we have no cable or dish, so no way to see the program. It's not available on the net, either.

I think I can watch the program over at the neighbors, but I'd like to have the ability to watch it multiple times as I'm sure I'll see new stuff each viewing.

Any of you techno-TV-wizards out there have the hardware to do this?

Labels:

6 Comments:

At Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:56:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will Tivo it, and then burn you a DVD of it if you'd like. I figure it's the least I can do for all the linkage you've thrown me.

 
At Wednesday, March 11, 2009 8:04:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the trailer you can download:
Click Here

 
At Wednesday, March 11, 2009 9:16:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Thanks! I figured you guys would have the equipment and know-how to do it!!

..... Mr. C.

 
At Wednesday, March 11, 2009 11:30:00 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

Cool! I don't have cable either and miss all the shootin' tv stuff. But with the money saved on that end we spend a week or two on Maui each year...

 
At Wednesday, March 11, 2009 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's great to have friends that will Tivo/DVR the show! Another approach would be to contact the producer of the show; most would be glad to share a single promotional copy of their work with those who appear in it, as long as that copy does not appear on the net or otherwise compromise their commercial interests. Enjoy the fame!

 
At Wednesday, March 11, 2009 7:42:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Ah Yes, my 34 nanoseconds of fame......

..... Mr. C.

BTW: It really is a good show if you are interested in Steel Challenge. Lots of good video of some of the best in the world.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted