Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Other than that, not much........................


Since finally getting somewhat back on my feet, I have been working 16 or 17 hour days 7 days a week trying to get caught back up and trying to bring in some money to cover some of the medical costs. My insurance covered a portion of the bills, but the deductible is very high and I still have to pay a significant percentage of the costs myself. Better insurance coverage would have been nice, but you go with what your income level will allow you to buy. Being self-employed, my income is directly related to work done and out the door. Not being able to work for nearly two months meant zero income for those two months. Now I've got to put in some extra hours to catch up a bit. Much of the work I'm doing is somewhat speculative, though. One of the things I do is write software for a small niche market. I am re-writing my main software product in a new and significantly different programming language, so I am learning the language as I go ,which does tend to slow down the development process! The software, actually an application suite, hopefully, will be ready for market before the end of the year. Sooner, I hope, but considering time spent running it in beta and multiple mini-rewrites as expected along the way, it's going to take some time. I'm sure there will be a bit of "Feature-Creep" to, as I come up with features to add that I just HAVE to include! So far the project has been coming along reasonably well, and I may just have a complete beta ready for initial testing in the next 3 or 4 weeks, if I can keep putting in the hours as I have been doing. If all works out as planned, this particular piece of software should provide a small but fairly steady income stream for the net five years, or thereabouts. Needless to say, I haven't been doing much blogging.......................................

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 03, 2009 5:59:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Software? Here I was thinking you were a master watchmaker or machinist!

JimBob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted