Saturday, August 16, 2008

KC Eusebio Wins World Steel Challenge '08

I just got an email with some of the early results from this year's Steel Challenge World Championships here in Piru (near Valencia) California. Open class and overall winner was KC Eusebio of the Army team. Max Michel, last year's winner, came in 4th.


Picture by Paul Erhardt, publicist for the Steel Challenge Shooting Association and USPSA
Spc. KC Eusebio and Ssg. Max Michel of the US Army Marksmanship Unit pose after taking 1st and 4th place respectively at the World Speed Shooting Championships.

Max Michel, however, turned in an absolutely amazing run on the "Smoke and Hope" stage with a time of 1.69 seconds! Even more amazing was that he missed one plate and had to shoot it twice and still shot a 1.69 second run.

The results have also been announced for the rimfire classes, and for an old slow guy I didn't do too badly, missing breaking 100 seconds by only .27 seconds. That was good enough for 24th out of 84 shooters in rimfire optic class. Considering the caliber of the shooters here I'm surprised I ended up as high on the list as I did! I don't have all the results yet but I think I placed about third in the Senior category. The complete results will be available tomorrow morning at the trophy presentations.

After the trophy presentation tomorrow morning KeeWee and I will jump in our rental car and drive back to the Burbank airport. Our flight leaves for Seattle in the early evening. From the Seattle we catch a shuttle bus back to Castle Completely, arriving home just after midnight.

Tomorrow is going to be a long day.......

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 18, 2008 12:38:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mr. Completely, it was truly a pleasure to be on the same squad with you! You shot extremely well (in fact, I think you were the "Squad winner") And of course, it was just so much fun through the day. Can't wait to see some more of the pictures!

btw, great blog site! For sure I'll come back and visit often. :) -Flora

 
At Monday, August 18, 2008 6:15:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Flora, the pleasure is all mine! Your cheery smile and sense of fun made it a really enjoyable squad. You also shot really well. I wish I could shoot Outer Limits as well as you did!

.... Mr. C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted