Monday, August 04, 2008

So far this shooting season has been a roller coaster ride, to say the least. I was pretty burned out late last Fall, so I didn't do any shooting all Winter. In February I started practicing to get up to speed for the season. I did OK in the first few matches, shooting better than I was doing last Fall. Then some other issues intruded and I didn't do much shooting for much of the Spring. At that time I had sort of lost my enthusiasm for shooting in general. I decided to skip this year's World Steel Challenge Championship since I didn't think I'd be ready for it.

Since then, I've been out on the practice range regularly, and I've actually been showing some improvement.

A week or so ago I contacted the Steel Challenge Shooting Association to see if it was possible to get in a last minute entry for Rimfire Open. Just about everything else was full up, but a spot was still available for me! I contacted Alaska Airlines and there were still some seats available on the flights I would need to get KeeWee and Myself back and forth between Burbank and Seattle. Another phone call to the Hilton Garden Inn in Valencia and a room was reserved.

I'm going to the World Steel Challenge Championships!! WOOOO HOOOO!

We had a great time there last year, and we're looking forward to doing it again. we just hope it isn't quite so hot, but I'm not counting on it.

Now to


It looks like the pistol bay we dug next to Castle Completely and the target stands I built are going to get a workout over the next nine days...........................

Labels: ,


At Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT.............. I thought that was an enclosed "Tennis Court"????? Do you mean to tell me it was all a hallucination?



Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted