Monday, August 04, 2008


So far this shooting season has been a roller coaster ride, to say the least. I was pretty burned out late last Fall, so I didn't do any shooting all Winter. In February I started practicing to get up to speed for the season. I did OK in the first few matches, shooting better than I was doing last Fall. Then some other issues intruded and I didn't do much shooting for much of the Spring. At that time I had sort of lost my enthusiasm for shooting in general. I decided to skip this year's World Steel Challenge Championship since I didn't think I'd be ready for it.

Since then, I've been out on the practice range regularly, and I've actually been showing some improvement.

A week or so ago I contacted the Steel Challenge Shooting Association to see if it was possible to get in a last minute entry for Rimfire Open. Just about everything else was full up, but a spot was still available for me! I contacted Alaska Airlines and there were still some seats available on the flights I would need to get KeeWee and Myself back and forth between Burbank and Seattle. Another phone call to the Hilton Garden Inn in Valencia and a room was reserved.

I'm going to the World Steel Challenge Championships!! WOOOO HOOOO!

We had a great time there last year, and we're looking forward to doing it again. we just hope it isn't quite so hot, but I'm not counting on it.

Now to

PRACTICE - PRACTICE - PRACTICE!

It looks like the pistol bay we dug next to Castle Completely and the target stands I built are going to get a workout over the next nine days...........................

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, August 05, 2008 8:47:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BUT.............. I thought that was an enclosed "Tennis Court"????? Do you mean to tell me it was all a hallucination?

LouG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted