Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blackpowder Tree Removal

For those of you out there who shoot coal burners, here's a video on using black powder to take down a problem tree.



I can remember seeing "Powder Wedges" years ago, but I've never seen one used. Powder wedges are a two piece splitting wedge that you drive into the piece of wood you want to split, then fill it with black powder, light the fuse, and wait for the boom! Tough wood that wouldn't split with regular methods would split easily, and I understand it was great fun to boot.

For taking this tree down a powder wedge was not used, but black powder was the energy source. The video explains how they went about it.

Thanks to True Blue Sam from the blog of the same name for making the video.

5 Comments:

At Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:05:00 PM, Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

Mr. C: Thanks for posting this! I appreciate every hit I can get on my little blog. I really have enjoyed your recent posts on the trip to California. Keep up the good work promoting the shooting sports. True Blue

 
At Thursday, August 21, 2008 3:57:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool clip.

Ammo nitrate fuel mixture also works too, especially for stubborn stumps.

 
At Friday, August 22, 2008 11:49:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

True Blue Sam: I always find interesting stuff on your blog. Maybe some day we'll actually meet in person.....

.... Mr. C.

 
At Tuesday, August 26, 2008 8:07:00 PM, Blogger David aka True Blue Sam said...

Some Day. The West is calling and we will break out of the Midwest for a long vacation one of these days. Job and family are keeping us close to home of late. I haven't had my canoe in a river for ten years. True Blue

 
At Monday, January 11, 2016 9:06:00 AM, Anonymous Tree Removal NY said...

Great video. Thanks for sharing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted