Wednesday, October 10, 2007

A Free Glock - WOO HOO ! ! !

Glock G34 9mm. Pistol

A month or so back I bought my first Glock, a Glock Model 17 9mm., and two days later entered a regional Glock match with it. (Here's the match write-up #1 and match write-up #2) With the iron sights, the short sight radius, and the odd trigger feel, my accuracy sucked, but I was able to shoot it fairly fast, and had a ton of fun blasting my way through the stages with great enthusiasm. In fact, I had faster times on some of the stages than the class winner, but my inaccuracy moved me way down in the standings.

These regional Glock matches, put on by the Glock Shooting Sports Federation, not only give away new Glocks to the class winners, they also give away a number of new Glocks by random drawing from amongst the entries.

To my surprise in yesterday's mail was a form from Glock entitling me to a brand new Glock. I had been chosen as one of the random drawing winners! I could either choose one of the less expensive models, or for a modest upgrade charge I could select anything in their line of handguns. For an additional $107, I can get a new Glock G34, which is their long slide IPSC/IDPA "Limited" class gun, what GSSF calls the "Competition" class. It seems that Glock doesn't make a full out "Open" class gun, but that's OK, as my Glock 22 is probably going to turn into a 9mm. open class, or unlimited 9mm. for next season.

It takes eight weeks for it to arrive. I'll let you know how I like it when it arrives.....

Labels:

4 Comments:

At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:06:00 PM, Blogger Ride Fast said...

You lucky SOB. Why I oughta...say congratulations. That's cool!

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:37:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Congrats, Mr. C!!

Grrrrrrrr.... ;)

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 5:43:00 PM, Blogger david said...

Well, ain't you the lucky one!
fine work!

 
At Wednesday, October 10, 2007 6:21:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I wonder if those folks at the GSSF realize that giving me a new Glock will just encourage me to go shoot in more of their regional matches?

Seriously, if there's a Regional Glock match in your area, grab a Glock and go give it a try. They are a fun match to shoot.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted