Monday, November 21, 2005

Mr. C.'s New 'Range Bag' and Contest

I couldn't pass it up!

Lot and lots of room inside, too!



When I went in to WalMart for my National Ammo Day purchases, there, stacked high up on top of some shelving near the gun counter, I spied these.

"Cool!", I thought, I've been looking for something like this for some time. "I wonder how much they are getting for them? (I'm NOT cheap, just thrifty!)".

As I was contemplating the rolling tool boxes, a blue-vested Walmartian walked up and asked if he could help.

"Those tool boxes up there, are there any down here where I can have a look at one, and how much are they?" I asked. (As I said, THRIFTY!!).

"Just got them in", he said, "and they're $19.95."

KA -- C H I N G ! ! ! !

I fiddled around a bit with it, checking out the features. The handle folds and locks in the upright position, lots of space in the upper box, a lift out tool tray, and the upper box un-snaps from the lower box.

The lower box has even more space, a good place for the heavier stuff, like ammo, a staple gun for hanging targets, and more.

The only fault I can find is that it doesn't come from the factory with any cool shooting or gun related decals. Can't have that!

Here's the deal: I'm looking for suggestions, or actual decals/bumper stickers for my new range box. Also suggestions for what he should be named. (I'm leaning towards calling him "Mr. BD", or just BD for short. BD Does stand for "Blast and Destroy" doesn't it?)

The winner, if you are in the local area, will be treated to an afternoon of rim fire bowling pin shooting and instruction at the Central Whidbey Sportsman's Assn. range in Coupeville, WA.

NO previous shooing experience is required. You will get the chance to shoot several different rimfire pin shoot race guns, all of which have WON pin shoots in the past year or so.

If you are not in this area, we'll have to think of something else.

Judging will be by KeeWee and I, and all usual disclaimers, blah, blah, blah...., apply.

I'll post the best for all of you to enjoy!

(Oh, yeah, almost forgot, I bought lots of ammo too, while I was there!)



Update: Some folks have expressed concern that buying stuff at Walmart isn't such a good idea since, they say, almost everything in Walmart is made in China. This particular tool box is made in Israel.

9 Comments:

At Monday, November 21, 2005 2:59:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

One of these would look good on it.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 6:43:00 PM, Blogger Mugwug said...

If you don't mind international content I have a spare CGN sticker (logo at top left) that you're welcome to.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 9:58:00 PM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said...

OK, it may seem silly, but I insist that you put an American flag sticker on the box.

DTOM flag optional, but also highly recomended.

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 10:09:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Absolutely! Do you know a source for the "Don't Tread on Me" stickers?

 
At Monday, November 21, 2005 11:28:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya Mr. C, I'm at work so I cannot get to the site, but google 'LifeLibertyetc' for stickers like the ones I have on my R2 unit including at least one that is a take off of the DTOM Naval Gadsen.

On the topic of naming it, you might try going through the droids from the SW series here,

http://www.starwars.com/databank/droid/

 
At Tuesday, November 22, 2005 8:46:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I don't know, AK, your "Stanley" looks kinda droid-ish, where this guy reminds me of a couple of small cargo containers on wheels......

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 10:09:00 AM, Blogger ChargeOfQuarters said...

The Don't Tread On Me stickers can be found at http://www.gadsdenandculpeper.com/

I found your site today, and I have a fee,ing this could be the start of a long and great relationship! I have needed a video for my Mossberg, and you have it!!

I think your box should be called "The Toolbox of Freedom", but that is just me...


S. Clark

 
At Wednesday, November 23, 2005 2:21:00 PM, Blogger Josh said...

Thats weird. I just found the above website today, too (from the Gun Guy's ads). I made a beeline for Mr. C's comments....only to discover chargeofquarters has beaten me to it.

*sigh*

 
At Tuesday, November 29, 2005 7:51:00 AM, Blogger Countertop said...

I've got a VCDL 3,000,000 Defense Handgun Uses a Year sticker you can have. Would also recommend one of those Peace Through Superior Firearms Stickers.

As far as names - How 'bout TT (for Tactical Tupperware) or the Tack Driver (as in your guns themselves are tack drivers and this cargo container drives those tact drivers to the range)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted