Thursday, November 17, 2005

Mr. C's New Toy - Part II

Savage / Anschutz Mark 12 .22 Long Rifle


I figured I better get a full picture and description posted before I ended up with Rivrdog on my front porch banging on the door wanting to know what my new target rifle might be.

Of course, if Rivrdog did show up on the porch, the coffee pot's usually on, but you know what I mean!

Anyhow, it's a Savage / Anschutz Model 12 in .22 long rifle, with a 25" heavy barrel, on a custom stock. The picture doesn't do justice to just how gorgeous the stock is. I believe it's bird's eye maple. It's absolutely beautiful!

Once I've finished dialing it in, and have had a chance to get in some range time with it, I'll do a full post and range review.

7 Comments:

At Friday, November 18, 2005 8:27:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gee Mr. C did you decide to change from a lefty to a "normal"? If not it might be interesting to watch you shooting the gun upsidedown.

DAMIPHINO

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 9:06:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I was wondering how long it would take before someone noticed! Actually, I just put my left thumb on top of the stock, and it's fine.

......Mr. C.

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 10:35:00 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

It's a beaut!

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 3:43:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

GP: I think I found a used original stock on ebay. It's on the way.....

.....Mr. C.

 
At Friday, November 18, 2005 10:39:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very Nice, Mr. C!

Who, pray tell, made the glass and what is X on it?

AK

 
At Saturday, November 19, 2005 8:11:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Scope's a Tasco 3-12. I'm guessing maybe 44mm. It seems like a pretty nice scope, for not being a super spendy one...

......Mr. C.

 
At Thursday, November 24, 2005 4:55:00 PM, Blogger Firehand said...

Looks like a nice one.

What's wrong with pretty wood? If you're taking it to the woods where it might get banged up could change it, but otherwise...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted