Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Mr. Completely's Meme #1 starts here!

Meme's can be a pain, because when you get tagged, you then are supposed to respond, and then tag other folks, etc.

Well, that's not how we do it around here, by golly! THIS meme is strictly voluntary. Participate if you want, and if not, well, then don't. No problem.

All you have to do is answer the question in the comments section of this post. If you are a blogger, you can then then post the same question on your own blog, if you feel like it.

Here's the question:

If you were a firearm, what would you be, and why?

Are you a handgun, or a rifle, a shotgun or a muzzle loader, maybe a gun turret on a battleship, a mini-gun, or perhaps a civil war cannon? There's a Lot of possibilities.

Here's a couple of answers to start it out:

Mr. Completely: A bolt action 30-06.
Very versatile, can do a lot of things, but doesn't excel in any one area. Not as powerful or as flashy as the newer rifles, but gets the job done.

KeeWee: A snub-nose .357, nickel plated, with pearl grips. Small but powerful, with a touch of class.

THIS meme isn't just for bloggers, so have at it! If you were a firearm, what would YOU be?


8 Comments:

At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 10:44:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would be a Colt Single Action Army, the "Gun that won the West". Actually, it was the gun that tamed the West, but the difference is nitnoy.

The SAA was powerful, functional and easy to maintain. It cost one to three month's pay for most of it's owners, but it was a vital part of their lives, and they were a vital part of this nation's history.

I wish I was a Colt SAA.

Rivrdog

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 12:59:00 PM, Blogger carnaby said...

I'd be a long gun for sure. Something with decent knock-down power, good accuracy, work well with iron sights or fancy optics, not too flashy, decent ammunition capacity, full auto capability, work well for hunting. Why, I guess I'd have to be an M14.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:43:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A shotgun. Probably a double barrel. American made, like me. None of that fancy scrollwork on the steel. Big, heavy, about as simple as it gets to look at and maintain, not a lot of range, but when it scores, it hurts.

 
At Wednesday, August 31, 2005 8:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like Rivrdog's idea, but I'm a modern version of the classic Old Fart so I'll be a Ruger Vaquero. Blue steel in .45 long Colt with walnut grips.

I'm not much on bothering folks a ways off, but I do hold strong views on up close personal defense.

 
At Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:41:00 PM, Blogger Jerry The Geek said...

Guys can't be guns, that's just silly.

But they can be cars.

If I was a car, I'd be a 1965 Corvair Corsa convertible.

That's the one that came out after they fixed the wheel-falling-off thingie.

It ran great, but the fan belt kept coming off.

That's why I would be a Corvair.

Thank you very much for your kind attention.

 
At Friday, September 02, 2005 10:19:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd be a classic double rifle for sure, probably in .458 Lott. Big, imposing and sturdy, but nice to look at, too. The thing about double rifles is that they just sit in the corner of the safe until you have some really serious work to get done, then they step up and do it.

 
At Friday, September 02, 2005 10:25:00 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said...

I'd be a used, Walmart-grade Remington 870 Wingmaster. Not much to look at, but I get the job done.

 
At Friday, September 02, 2005 11:55:00 AM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

What a creative bunch of posts! All kinds af great guns, and a Corvair! We should go easy on Jerrythegeek, however, as I suspect he hasn't fully recovered from the practical shotgun. I'll bet he and AnalogKid are STILL black and blue......

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted