Monday, August 29, 2005

VOTERS --- We may be in more trouble than we imagined..

While looking at a house, my brother asked the real
estate agent which direction was North because, he
explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up
every morning. She asked, "Does the sun rise in the
North?" When my brother explained that the sun rises
in the east, (and has always done so since
creation), she shook her head and said, "Oh, I don't
keep up with that stuff.". . . . She also votes!

I used to work in technical support for a 24/7 call
center. One day I got a call from an individual who
asked what hours the call center was open. I told
him, "The number you dialed is open 24 hours a day,
7 days a week." He responded, "Is that Eastern or
Pacific time?" Wanting to end the call quickly, I
said, "Uh, Pacific." . . . He also votes!.

So my colleague and I were eating our lunch in our
cafeteria, when we overheard one of the
administrative assistants talking about the sunburn
she got on her weekend drive to the shore. She drove
down in a convertible, but "didn't think she'd get
sunburned because the car was moving"........Yep,
she also votes!

My sister has a lifesaving tool in her car. It's
designed to cut through a seatbelt if she gets
trapped. She keeps it in the trunk . . . . . .
My sister also votes!

My friends and I stopped to purchase a couple cases
of Coca Cola for a party and noticed that the cases
were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we
bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10%
and gave us a 20% discount . . . . He also votes!

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman
with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain.
My friend said, "Wouldn't the chain rip out every
time she turned her head?" I explained that a
person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart
no matter which way the head is turned. My friend
also votes!

My wife and I were picking up some sandwiches from
the sub shop last week and she asked the clerk which
of two sandwiches was better. The clerk didn't have
an opinion but did say that the first sandwich was
more expensive. My wife got a quizzical look on her
face and asked, "If that's the case, why are they
both listed with the same price on the menu?" To
this, the clerk responded, "I don't think we add tax
to the turkey." The clerk also votes!

This one is a real 'clinger'.......

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage
area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told
the lady attendant there that my bags never showed
up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she
was a trained professional and I was in good hands.
"Now," she asked me, "has your plane arrived yet?"
Yep, she is another one that also votes!

Hat tip to LouG for this......

2 Comments:

At Monday, August 29, 2005 12:02:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"My friends and I stopped to purchase a couple cases of Coca Cola for a party and noticed that the cases were discounted 10%. Since it was a big party, we bought 2 cases. The cashier multiplied 2 times 10% and gave us a 20% discount"

You should have got 10 cases. 10 * 10 = 100% off!

Seriously, perhaps universal suffrage isn't such a good idea?

 
At Monday, August 29, 2005 12:24:00 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Hey - I live in King County, where Dean "the dimwit" Logan still runs the elections dept. Pray for us...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted