Monday, August 29, 2005

e-Postal Match #2 "Snub-or-Not" News #1

Well, the targets are rolling in, and so far it looks like all three barrel length categories are roughly equally represented. Although a challenging target, it's turning out to be a lot of fun to shoot too. A number of shooters have entered with several different handguns. I handed out some targets at yesterday's CWSA pin shoot. If you get the chance, print out a few extra targets and drag your buddy out to the range too!

Don't forget that midnight Tuesday, September 6th. is when it closes.

With this upcoming weekend being Labor day weekend, it's easy to lose track and miss the deadline. If you are unable to get targets in on time due to the hurricane, drop me an email, and we'll see what can be done to get you included.

If you have a blog or a website, you can post your target pictures on your site, and send me the URL for the site.

You still need to email me your score for each target, total score, gun type, caliber, barrel length, name you want to be listed as in the results, and anything else that you thing everyone might find interesting.

You don't have to shoot your revolver double-action unless you want to. If you DO, and you hit ANYTHING that looks like the target, I'm impressed!

If a few more of you courageous souls are up to it, and you have a Jennings J-22, be sure to send in an entry with it. There will be some sort of special recognition (other than laughter.....)

When I decided to revive the postal matches, it was not because I wanted to run postal matches, it was because I had so much fun competing in them. As you saw in the previous match, I entered several classes myself. Being as I am also the coordinator and score verifier, here's how I keep it a level playing field.

1. Once a match target has been selected, I do not shoot any targets even similar to the match target, so I cannot get any advantage by extra practice on a "match-like" target.
2. I do not shoot any of the targets under consideration in the selection process.
3. I do not shoot match targets until the match has been publically announced.
4. Any of my own targets that require a judgement call as to scoring it, I have it scored by LouG of the CWSA club. Lou runs and scores the CWSA bench rest rifle and pistol matches for CWSA.
5. All of my entered targets are available for inspection, if anyone wants to look.

I want these matches to be as fair as they possibly can be for all the shooters involved. It's also supposed to be fun, and guaranteeing a level playing field, along with interesting and challenging targets, is a good way to make it stay that way.

Have fun, and get those targets entered!!

1 Comments:

At Monday, August 29, 2005 7:16:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been offering spare targets, but most seem scared of the challenge. Only had one man actually take a set, but don't know if he finished them or not, as he left before I was done shooting. Got two more nibbles at work, so ....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted