Sunday, July 17, 2005

Range Report

LouG tries out AnalogKid's "Boomershooter" as AK spots.

KeeWee and I headed up to the range to meet up with AnalogKid of Random Nuclear Strikes for a little assorted shooting. AK, LouG, and some of the other folks shot a centerfire and rimfire rifle match in the morning, and KeeWee and I got there just as it was breaking up. LouG was on a roll, and smoked everybody. LindaW competed, even with a recently broken trigger finger. That musta been tough.

We went over to the pistol range to sight in my new Hi Point 9mm. carbine. Talk about bang for the buck, literally! I picked mine up for 179 bucks from a local gun shop. 9mm., all black, clip fed, and it even comes with a scope rail. You can expect a full review and range report on the Hi-Point 9mm. carbine in the very near future.

I mounted up a used red dot scope I had on the shelf, and proceded to get it sighted in. I started at ten yards, and worked it out to fifty yards, so I'd be dialed in for the e-Postal Rifle match.

I shot a couple of practice targets, then stapled up the match target and rapid- fired away. You only get to shoot one match target, so I pulled down the target and put the Hi Point away. When I got home, and started to score the target, I realized there were only nine holes in it.

Hmmmmmm? I apparently either miscounted, and only shot nine shots, or else I had a major league flyer that didn't even hit the paper. Either is possible.

Just for the heck of it I grabbed my Hi Standard bowling pin race gun, thinking I'd try the same target with a hand gun. I only had time to shoot one quick clip at 50 yards, as the range was about to close for a while. for some maintenance. I didn't have point of aim figured out, since I'm sighted in for twentyfive feet, but I made a guess, and ripped of ten quick ones, as in maybe seven seconds. Got seven of them on the target! Not too bad, I'll take it......

We then went over to the pin range, and shot a few pins. I'd been looking forward to shooting the Sig P-220, but ended up disappointed. The third round stuck in the chamber (really stuck solid!) and I can't get the slide back to eject the stuck round. You can't reach the ejector to release it, either. Anyone else have this happen to you? If so, what did you do to fix it?

By this time we had gotten in a fair amount of shooting of both targets and bull, so we loaded our gear back into our econo-limo and headed back to the the farm.

The weather was great, and other than the Sig packing up, we had a grand time.

Wish you coulda been there!!

3 Comments:

At Sunday, July 17, 2005 9:12:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What mags does it take?

Rivrdog

 
At Sunday, July 17, 2005 10:26:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

I've got one 9 round, and one 10 round, single stack. One came in the gun, (the nine), don't know about the other one....

I think I'm really gonna like this Sig!

 
At Monday, July 18, 2005 8:29:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, AK's "BOOMERSHOOTER" is really a great rifle. I've always been a 'MilSurp" shooter, (except for 22Rimfire) and really enjoyed puttin' 5rnds downrange into the "FACE" of our archenemy "Mr"Moore. The thing he has more of is gutweight as far as I can see.
I "LUST" for one of these type rifles like anything in the world. And soooon i'll be havin' one of my own! LOVED shootin' it ! ! ! !

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted