Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Postal Matches

Late last year Og over at Neanderpundit started a series of "Postal Matches", where you would down-load a target, print it out, and go shoot it according to the rules specified for that particular match. You then emailed your score to Og, and he'd post the results on his blog. Sadly, participation was low, and Og has decided to cancel the remainder of the series.

I have decided to resurrect the postal matches, and keep them going. There will be some changes, but the basic concept will remain the same. All of the details have not been worked out yet, but more will be posted here soon, probably in a matter of a few days, including some new matches. Yes, there will be a crazy one once in a while, but I plan to give you all some REAL challenges too.

If there are any scores from previous matches that have not been posted, please send them to me at b l o g (at) w h i d b e y (dot) c o m and I'll post them for you.

Finally, we all owe Og a hearty "Thank You!" for getting the ball rolling on these postal matches. I'm going to do my best to take it to the next level, and continue what you started.

Thanks, Og!

................Mr. Completely

3 Comments:

At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 8:56:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Might I request some more rimfire matches, pistol and rifle?

 
At Tuesday, July 05, 2005 9:05:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Rim fire is near and dear to my heart, by golly! There will definitely be some of those.

Do you have any suggestions for postal matches you'd like to see?

........Mr. Completely

 
At Wednesday, July 06, 2005 9:26:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The ones that Og had seemed pretty fun. And maybe how about a long-range rimfire challenge? Say, 100 yards, 10 round groups. I don't know for sure which target I'd use, but www.targetz.com has some great ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted