Monday, July 04, 2005

B A -- W O O M ! !

Maybe it's just me, but the spectacular fireworks displays don't really move me the way they seem to do for some folks. I can appreciate the technology, the new colors they've developed, even the new shapes and patterns, but I just don't seem to get all pumped up over it.

There is one exception, however. I love the ones that don't have any display at all, just the big boom. Sometimes you can hear the "poonk!" sound as the charge fires the explosive up in to the air. When I hear that sound, I know it's coming.

One second, two seconds, three seconds, then

" B A -- W O O O O M ! ! "

Reverberating from the hill sides, echoing through the valleys, "RIGHT ON!"

As I said, maybe it's just me.............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted