Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Walmart Diet Cola is Gone?

What's going on at the soda department at Walmart? A few years ago I tried out the Walmart house brand of diet cola and found I liked it even better than Diet Pepsi. I always buy it in the two liter bottles, and 67 cents a bottle compared to a buck twenty nine is a consideration, being thrifty by nature. Unfortunately the local Walmart has been out of stock on the two liter bottles for two or three months! It was bad enough that they were out of stock on Winchester Dynapoint .22 ammo for six months, and now no Sam's Diet Cola? Sure, I don't mind their Dr. Pepper clone as a substitute, but not as a permanent replacement. Every time I swing through Walmart (usually buying ammo) I check the shelves and the spot is always bare where the diet Sam's should be.

Anybody have any idea what's going on?

7 Comments:

At Tuesday, November 27, 2007 9:35:00 PM, Blogger Rivrdog said...

Probly a repeat of the cyclamate scare of 38 years ago...

 
At Thursday, December 06, 2007 8:13:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

possibly ... chinese plastic bottles with antifreeze ingredients? just a wild guess.

bean

 
At Monday, December 10, 2007 1:10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Perhaps it was the anti-freeze that made it taste good.

I hear that's what some unscrupulous people add to wine.

 
At Tuesday, March 04, 2008 6:15:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Odd, that was 4 or 5 months ago and here in Broken Arrow, OK, I can't find the Sam's Diet Cola in the 12 pak cans or cases!! I went to the Super Wally & then the Wally 'Market'. Nothing! I had to go to another town to find it. It really sucked. Fortunately Pepsi had gone on sale to get me by until I found more.

 
At Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:33:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks as if they're out of the caffeine free version.

I thought that I was the only one who thought that it tasted better than Diet Pepsi.

 
At Monday, March 09, 2009 10:25:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sam's diet coke is my favorite kind of pop. I hope to see the 12pk & the cases stocked again soon. They are loosing alot of money by not keeping the shelves stalked.

 
At Sunday, May 10, 2009 12:13:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

May 10, 2009 - no Sams Cola here in Colorado Springs either - not for weeks! Dang - they are missing out on over a million dollars a day at least from sales I bet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted