Monday, November 19, 2007

Where Have I Been Lately?

As both of my regular readers have mentioned, I haven't been blogging for the last several days. There's a pretty good reason for that. No, I haven't been in jail, or hung over from heavy partying while KeeWee is out of town visiting family in New Zealand.

The true story is that in addition to keeping caught up on my regular job, I have been heavily involved in court and legal stuff over a property line and easement lawsuit with my neighbor. To cut to the chase, he has roughly ten acres next to me and he gets to his property and house by a multi-user private road, then across one edge of my property by easement. The easement is fifteen feet wide, which is more than enough according to county regs for accessing up to two houses. He wants to sub-divide his property and build more houses. That's the business he's in, a building contractor. To put up more houses he needs a wider easement. Rather than doing the honorable thing and talking to the neighbors and seeing is he can purchase an easement across someone's property, he has chosen to sue me to get the court to give him the easement for free.

The easement he is asking for would wipe out all of the plum and spruce trees next to my house, my well and well house, and much of my barn. Without going into all the details, it has been a very long and insanely expensive process.

It's also been very tiring and stressful, and I haven't had the time or energy to keep up on the blogging. There were several things I wanted to blog about, but just didn't manage to get the posts written. I haven't even had time to keep up on reading the blogs I regularly read. Normally I read all of the "Daily Reads" and "Gun Blogger Rendezvous Survivors" every day, and sometimes twice a day. The rest of the blogroll usually gets read every two or three days, sometimes more often.

Anyhow, I'm still here, still fighting the good fight, and trying to force the court system to behave as it is supposed to do, even though it is, at least at the county level, clearly broken......

7 Comments:

At Monday, November 19, 2007 10:45:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That sucks. Good luck to you.

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 3:18:00 PM, Blogger david said...

Don't give up - have faith in the courts - then sue back for your time and trouble. . .

 
At Monday, November 19, 2007 10:09:00 PM, Blogger AnarchAngel said...

I do hope you immediately filed a countersuit.

Presuming you have clear title to the property in question; and the property lines are clearly defined; he has no cause for action here. He should then be liable for all of your expenses, as well as compensatory punitive damages for the time, trouble, inconvenience, and distress he has caused you.

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 8:37:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have my sympathy!
I have been fighting the same fight for three years now. The wheels do turn slowly, don't they?

Good luck.

Merle

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 9:53:00 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said...

What Chris said, and double!! Hang in there and happy Turkeys to you and KeeWee. :-)

 
At Tuesday, November 20, 2007 7:21:00 PM, Blogger Rob said...

Keep your head up!

 
At Wednesday, November 21, 2007 4:33:00 PM, Blogger Manfred said...

Good luck Mr C...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted