Friday, April 21, 2006

Laserlyte Bore Sighter - Followup

Here's a short follow-up on the Laserlyte bore sighter I mentioned in a previous post.

I was putting the Barska red dot sight onto my Hi Point 9mm. carbine, and figured this would be a good test for it. I mounted the sight, then adjusted the end of the bore sighter for a snug fit into the 9mm. barrel. I pushed it into the muzzle until the taper fit snugly into the muzzle, centering the boresighter in the barrel. I turned on the laser and the red dot sight, and aimed it at the wall at the end of the hallway. By luck, both red dots just happened to coincide. I bet that'll never happen again!

I turned of the sight and the laser, and put the boresighter back into the range box. When I test fired the Hi Point at the range at roughly the same distance, I was within two clicks of dead on, both in windage and elevation.

I was impressed. You need one of these, especially while they are on sale.........

4 Comments:

At Saturday, April 22, 2006 6:54:00 AM, Blogger Jennifer AKA keewee said...

Also, the boresighter makes a good "cat toy" I thought Rocket was going to twist himself into a knot trying to catch the laser dot.I'm not sure who had the most fun, Rocket, or us, watching his antics.

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 4:04:00 PM, Blogger joated said...

I've used this model bore sighter on everything from a .22LR bolt action to a .50 muzzleloader with great success.

I also agree with keewee--great cat lure/toy!

 
At Saturday, April 22, 2006 8:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I do hope you are not using "click" as a synonym for kilometer.

 
At Sunday, April 23, 2006 12:16:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The $29.95 looked really good, especially after checking a few other sources. Then the total came to $41.30 after shipping and taxes. Think I'll shop around at the local (Colorado) stores later in the week. But, after the lousy shoot I had Saturday, I am getting one of these. OldeForce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted