Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Email to Sgt. Richard (Buzz) Robertson




In case you haven't read my previous post about Sgt. Richard (Buzz) Robertson, you can click here to read the original post. Then come back and read these emails, one from "Griff", and the reply from Buzz's Aunt.



Email from "Griff"

Dear Buzz,
You do not know me but I had to take the time to let you know of my profound thanks to you and your comrades in the fight you have taken to the enemy. It is because of your bravery that I am not forced to face the evil doers on my home town streets. Your valor and courage are without question in my mind and heart. You, your lovely wife and daughter have given more than I will ever be able to repay. To say “thank-you” is so small and trite in light of your courage to see my family and uncounted other families living in safety. Words fail me at a time like this. Your mission now is to use the courage that sustained you overseas, to complete your recovery for your loved ones and yourself. Godspeed SGT. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Griff


Reply From: Buzz's Aunt:
Sent: Wednesday, September 07, 2005 3:15 PM
To: Griff
Subject: Re: Courageous men

Thank you for this! I am Buzz's aunt and I print the notes to him and snail mail them to Walter Reed Hospital. We just got the word today that the doctors have determined his spinal injuries to be more severe than they thought. He is not expected (by the doctors) to walk again and will have to do some extensive rehabilitation. However, he is strong willed and he has family support and we still hope he will prove the doctors wrong.

Thank you for your kind words. I know they will inspire him.

Minnie



I am dismayed, however, to hear that only FIVE of you have bothered to send Buzz an email of support, at least, so far.

Here's the email address again: woundedwarriers@yahoo.com

Come on, folks, we can do A LOT better than that........

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, September 07, 2005 9:06:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You didn't mention that he's a 1st Sgt...

 
At Thursday, September 08, 2005 4:53:00 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Emailed him last night.
Praying for him, too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted