Sunday, September 18, 2005

CWSA Pin Shoot Report 09/18/05

Dennis and Andrea, A father-Daughter matchup

"Evil Al" and KimG - It couldn't have been much closer. WOW!

Here's what Kim did to most mere mortals all day long

Rainey, Cathy, KeeWee, and Pegi. Don't mess with ANY of these gals!



Well, this time we got to the shoot on time, equipment ready, all set for a day of pin shooting. Even the weather looked good with broken clouds and sunshine, and not a bit of rain in sight. We were there in time to watch the center fire classes, and "Evil Al" was looking almost unbeatable. He seems to be making a habit of that.

KimG, from the Custer, Washington club, was also here, and was also shooting extremely well. Both of them waded throught the competition without hardly breaking a sweat.

The meeting of the immovable object and the irresistable force, however, was about to happen. It couldn't have been much closer, but this time KimG took all the marbles. Last week it was Al narrowly edging out Kim. Competition doesn't get any better than that!

Now it was time for qualifying for the pin top rim fire classes. We all shot four tables worth of pins against the clock, and our three fastest table times were added up to determine ourfirst round opponent. I had fast total time at 12.98 with my long barreled High Standard with a red dot sight. Al timed in with something in the high thirteens. I was third with my S & W 422/red dot, and JimP was right behind me. I had fast table time at 3.83 seconds for five pins. KeeWee was down around tenth.

What this all boils down to is that I shoot against AL with my High Standard, and against JimP with the S & W.

Al narrowly beat me on the first table, we tied on the second table, and I narrowly beat Al on the third table. On the deciding table after three shots I was almost a full pin ahead, when a round didn't go off. By the time I cleared the round I was way behind, and didn't have time to catch up. Knocked out in the first round by a mis-fire. (grumble-grumble-grumble......)

Next I came up against JimP with my S & W 422. Jim shoots a Ruger Mk. II. He didn't beat me by a whole lot, but by enough. Again, knocked out in the first round! The day is NOT going well. (razzzzin-frazzin-bazzin........)

KeeWee came up against Dean in the first round, and managed a win, putting her against Greg in the second round. It was fairly close, but KeeWee ended up coming out on the short end.

The optical sight final ended up being Greg against Al, and Greg took the final. (Why doesn't Al shoot like that when I shoot against him??)

Congratulations to Greg on a nice win!

The iron sight class only had three entries, Al, JimP, and myself. Wonderful! The two best iron sight shooters in the entire club! Al managed to retire Jim, and then it was me against Al for the final.

After all the dust had settled, to my absolute amazement, I had "snuk" by Al one more time in the iron sight class. It was really really close, but I'll take it!

I had the fastest qualifying time by almost a second in the optical sight class, and I'm toast in the first round. I'm the slowest qualifying in the iron sight class, and end up winning it?

Go figure!!

We all had a grand time, the competition was close, and watching Kim and Al go at it is worth the trip, just for that!

Hope you had as much fun today as we did........

1 Comments:

At Saturday, September 24, 2005 10:14:00 AM, Blogger Jason said...

Dangit! I need to get up there for one of these pin shoots!! Thanks for the great post and the great photos!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted