Tuesday, July 12, 2005

e-Postal Handgun Match prelim info

When I heard that Og over at Neanderpundit was going to discontinue the series of postal matches, I was really bummed out. After thinking about it a bit, I decided to figure out a way to get them started up again.

Catching AnalogKid from Random Nuclear Strikes in a good mood, (lack of sleep?), I conned him into coordinating the rifle matches, and I'd coordinate the handgun matches.

Ak has done a great job of getting some basic rules and parameters written down, and getting the first e-Postal rifle match task specified. For the details on that, go here, and here.

Being somewhat of an impatient sort (who, me?), I've decided to get the details for the first e-Postal match together a bit ahead of schedule. It was originally scheduled to be announced on July 25th, but I will be out of town that weekend anyway (shooting, of course!) If I'm reading the calendar right, your results will need to be in by Sunday night, August 14th., and will be posted on Monday, the 15th.

The email address for the handgun matches should be emailed to

b l o g (a t) w h i d b e y (d o t ) c o m

NOTE: This post is just an intro to the first handgun e-Postal match, and full rules and details will be posted shortly.


I won't give it away yet, as I haven't finalised all of the details, but I can tell you this much: The first handgun postal match will be a fun target, but it won't be an easy task. It will be relatively short range, and just about ANY handgun will work fine, with any kind of sights, excluding anything with magnification, in other words, no telescopic sights.

Stay tuned.........

2 Comments:

At Wednesday, July 13, 2005 7:42:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you for keeping this going. And, thanks; I'll compete when I can but it was just too much to deal wiht, for very little response.

 
At Wednesday, July 13, 2005 8:01:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Thanks, Og, for getting this ball rolling in the first place. We'll do our best to make you proud!!

........Mr. Completely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted