Monday, February 13, 2012

First OKO Sight Mount Run Completed!

It's been pretty hectic building a new machine shop area in the barn, moving in the new CNC milling machine, wiring everything up, and getting it all to work. Oh, I also had to design the parts, then learn how to program the machine to actually make the parts, too!In the middle of it all, I had a small delay while I helped to keep our local "pretends to be a" hospital well in the black.

In spite of all the interruptions, the first parts have now been completed, and they really look great! The accuracy of the new milling machine just amazes me. I am used to working to an accuracy of a thousandths of an inch, but this mew machine allows me to work to the ten thousandths of an inch, and they all come out exactly the same.

Here's some pics of one of the first ones made:











I now have this mount available on the Magnum Shooters Supply website under the "Magnum Mount" brand name.

1 Comments:

At Tuesday, February 14, 2012 8:37:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW Mikee, that looks really "PRO" !!!
LouG

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted