Thursday, September 02, 2010

Dress Like James Austin Day

Of all the shooters I've had the pleasure to shoot with, one of my all time favorites is James Austin.  James is an outstanding revolver shooter, an ICORE Grand Master with top three finishes at the International Revolver championships and has had multiple Area 1 USPSA wins. On top of that, James is just plain fun to shoot with. He's always ready to help a new shooter, or pick on me mercilessly if I mess up a shot string. James is always easy to pick out at a match, with his trademark cowboy hat, suspenders, and blue jeans.

Every Tuesday night over at KRRC they do an evening Falling Plate match, and last Tuesday was no exception.

Dress Like James Austin Day at the Kitsap Rifle & Revolver Club. That's James in the middle.

However, last Tuesday's match was a little different. Unknown to James, a bunch of the shooters all decided to make it a "Dress Like James Austin" day, and they showed up wearing cowboy hats, jeans, and suspenders! Actually, it's quite an honor, I'd say!

I wish I could have been there!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted