Saturday, September 19, 2009

Prescott, AZ Steel Challenge

I've barely got rested up from the Gun Blogger Rendezvous in Reno, haven't got any of the pictures posted yet from Reno, and I'm already planning my next shooting expedition.

On October 24th, a Saturday, there will be an eight stage Steel Challenge Match in Prescott, AZ. I've never been there, but the weather should be pleasant, and I've got a few frequent flier miles to use, so why not?

Plans are to fly into Phoenix mid-day on the Friday 23rd, rent a car at the airport, then drive to a motel in Prescott. Saturday night after the match I plan to kill some time in Prescott, then drive to Phoenix and catch a red-eye home early Sunday morning.

If any of you are within a reasonable driving distance of Prescott, why not come and shoot a Steel Match with us? I'll get more info on the match in a later post, but for now I'm curious if there is anyone in the Prescott area I can correspond with about arranging a motel and finding a place to eat. If you can help, drop me an email at blog(at)whidbey(dot)com.

Thanks!


Labels:

4 Comments:

At Sunday, September 20, 2009 1:05:00 AM, Blogger AnarchAngel said...

Prescott (it's pronounced like "press cut" by the way, not "press cot") is one of the nicest places on the planet, and certainly one of my favorite places.

As to your travel arrangements, give me a call.

 
At Monday, September 21, 2009 8:33:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can fly right into Prescott on Horizon Air. Its nice to avoid all of the traffic of Sky Harbor Airport!

 
At Friday, September 25, 2009 4:18:00 PM, Blogger JohnOC said...

Not sure I'll shoot the match, but we might spectate and join you for dinner.

 
At Friday, September 25, 2009 7:55:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Completely said...

Thanks Chris, I'll give you a call.

John, That'd be cool if you came by. Dinner would be great!

.... Mr. C.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted