Friday, March 07, 2008

A Busy Weekend - The Season is Underway!

I have to admit that by last November I was starting to get burned out a bit, shooting one or two matches just about every weekend from Early Spring until November. It was a welcome break to put the gear away for a few months and take a break. Now I'm getting excited to get back into the swing of things. Last weekend was the first match of the year, a bowling pin shoot. Being me, I jumped in with both feet, shooting seven guns in a total of six classes.

This weekend is the first "Away Game", a six stage steel match over at the Kitsap Rifle and Revolver club near Bremerton, Washington. As of right now the plans are to shoot the Taurus 9mm. "Econo Race Gun" in Centerfire Open and shoot my High Standard in Rimfire Open.

With our ferry service all messed up between Whidbey Island and Port Townsend, and with regular morning fog and wind delays and cancellations I think my best bet is to take the ferry from Clinton to Mukilteo, then drive South fifteen miles or thereabouts, then catch another ferry from Edmonds to Kingston. From Kingston it's maybe a 40 minute drive to the KRRC range. If the wind isn't blowing too hard, I may try to catch the Port Townsend ferry back to Whidbey after the match and thereby save fifteen or twenty bucks on ferry fare. Unfortunately KeeWee has to work on Saturday, so I'll be heading to the match by myself.

Sunday is a different story as KeeWee has the day off, and CWSA is putting on the first rimfire falling plate match of the year. These are always fast and furious, being a head-to-head round robin format. Shooting two or three hundred rounds is not uncommon!

Stay tuned, there will be full match reports the first of the week..........

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted