Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Castle Completely Update

Not a whole lot going on, but I've dropped back a bit on the hours I'm working for a bit as the schedule was doing me in! I need to do a bit more on the look/feel/design part of the software before I do much more code writing.

The days are starting to get light a bit earlier each week, and I can see it's time to be thinking about getting in some steady range work to try and get competitive for the soon to arrive season. This season I have added Cowboy Fast Draw and Glock match competition to the list of things to try, so I should be pretty busy!

Saturday, February 2nd. there will be a bowling pin shooting seminar at the Central Whidbey range, and the following Saturday, the 9th., there will be a steel challenge seminar. Both will involve some time in the clubhouse followed by some live fire range time. If you've considered giving either of these type of matches a try, here's your chance to get the feel of it without really competing. On Saturday, March 1st. we will have our first pin shoot of the year.

I sure was sorry to see Fred Thompson drop out of the presidential race. The remaining flock are pretty depressing. Ron Paul seems to be the only honest to goodness "Pro-Gun" candidate left, but his naive view of foreign policy scares me. I just don't see him as a strong leader against those folks out there who are trying so hard to destroy this country, both the Democrats and the terrorists.

I guess I better buy up a few of those 33 round Glock magazines while I still can..........

2 Comments:

At Thursday, January 24, 2008 8:23:00 AM, Blogger Sebastian said...

Ron Paul seems to be the only honest to goodness "Pro-Gun" candidate left, but his naive view of foreign policy scares me. I just don't see him as a strong leader against those folks out there who are trying so hard to destroy this country, both the Democrats and the terrorists.

Depressing isn't it?

 
At Sunday, January 27, 2008 7:55:00 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

I voting for Paul.
As for foreign policy, not policing the world, and giving my tax dollars to foreign countries; couldn't hurt to try, could it?

He did vote to go into Afghanistan, BTW. He's not averse to use of military force, he just thinks less can be more sometimes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted