Saturday, August 18, 2007

Steel Challenge Quick Report #2

KeeWee and I just got back from our third day at the range, and it was hotter and dustier than yesterday or the day before. I'm still blogging in the bathroom because that's the only place with enough signal to get online. We took a lot more pictures and videos today, so I'll have a bunch of sorting and editing to do when we get back. I shot a number of times in the Cowboy Fast Draw side event, and although I wasn't fast enough to win fast time, I did manage some respectable times considering I don't know what I'm doing.

The posted the standings for the Rimfire Open class that I shot on Thursday, and I didn't end up too badly, at least for a first attempt in the World Championships. If I read the results correctly, I ended up 46th. out of 63 Rimfire Open shooters. It looks like not too many of those who finished faster than I were seniors, though, so that's kinda cool!

Tomorrow morning is the awards meeting in the morning and the raffle drawings, then we're off to return the rental car and catch the flight back to Seattle, then the shuttle van back to Whidbey Island.

Tomorrow will be a long day, I suspect................

Labels:

1 Comments:

At Sunday, August 19, 2007 1:26:00 PM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said...

Sounds great!
Can't wait till you and Keewee get back and get some pics and range reports. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted