Thursday, August 16, 2007

Steel Challenge - Quick Report #1

So far it's been an interesting two days. This will be a quick post, as the Hilton's wireless internet signal is grim. I tried all over the room, and the only place I could get enough signal to log in was sitting on the john, feet in the bathtub, and computer on my lap. It's still slower than a 14.4 modem, but at least it's connected. For obvious reasons, no pictures until I get home.

Transportation to Valencia went remarkably smoothly, and we got to the hotel with enough time to get registered, then head out to the range for a little practice.

This morning we got out the range and hooked up with our squad. Dang, these guys are amazingly fast! I didn't shoot as well as I have done in the past, but I didn't shoot as badly as I have in the past, either. I probably finished about where I figured I'd end up, somewhere well down the list, but I had a great time and got to watch some of the fastest rimfire shooters in the world close up.

They've got a big BBQ tonight for all the contestants in about an hour, so I'll go get cleaned up a bit and put on some dry socks, as my feet are still in the bathtub as I'm writing this, and I didn't see there was a little water in the tub. Actually, it feels kinda good........

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted