Wednesday, May 17, 2006

e-Postal Rifle Match "Cricket" Entry

Not too bad, considering that I couldn't even see the target!



Well, I got MOST of them on the target, and ALL of them on the paper, at least! This target was shot at 50 yards with a Remington 513-T rifle and iron sights. The object was to score 3 hits in each of 6 wedges, the 15, 16, 17, 18 ,19, and 20, plus 3 in the bull. The outer band counts as a double hit, and the inner band counts as a triple hit. The darker center bull counts as a double hit. Scoring is based on how many shots you need to hit three of each. Perfect score would be 6 triples plus 2 double bulls, for a total of eight shots. You are limited to 30 shots, and I used all thirty of them!

With my reading glasses on so I could actually see the sights, the target was a fuzzy white rectangle against the target stand. I could just barely make out the largest ring, but that was about it. I kept a duplicate target on the bench next to me for reference, and I just aimed at general areas of the target, hoping to hit a few of them at least.

Of the total possible hits (21), I managed to get 16 of them, with 2 triples and one double. Somehow I'm not expecting any calls from any target rifle manufacturers wanting to hire me to demo their products, but I had a lot of fun shooting it, and it just goes to show that the old saying "If you can't see it, you can't hit it" isn't always the case!

Drag out your rifles and handguns and get your entries in. I'm sure you can do better than this!

HERE'S the rules and how to get the target downloaded.

I have already shot the target at 10 yards with a handgun with better results. Next is to give it a try at 100 yards, but this time I get to use a scope.

That should help............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted