Navy Rules of Engagement
(US Navy Rules for a Gun Fight)1. Bring a Battleship.
2. Bring another Battleship.
3. Bring a carrier, but don’t let it get in the way.
4. Bring a submarine.
5. Dominate the sea.
6. Dominate the air.
7. Dominate the hostile shore.
8. Do not hit mines.
9. Avoid shore/air/sea launched missiles.
10. Do not run aground. Do NOT run aground.
11. When the Marines call for support, ignore Rules 1-10 and provide as much support, as closely as possible, with all forces at hand. Ships are cheap; Marines are not.
12. If you lose, the Marines will remember forever that you were not there. If you win, the Marines will say the Navy was not needed.
13. Drink coffee.
Hat tip to Griff for this one!