Saturday, September 03, 2005

Go to the range - Often

The current e-Postal handgun match is titled "Snub-or-Not", as it specifically encourages you all to drag out your smaller, more concealable "carry guns", along with your heavier handguns, and take them out to the range and shoot them.

It's vitally important that you DO shoot your carry guns on a regular basis. AnalogKid and Rivrdog, jointly, summed it up way better than I could ever do, so I did the only thing I could rationally do, I "stole" their post!

As a rule, I don't "steal" entire posts from other blogs, but this time I'm going to make an exception.

From Rivrdog:

Go to the range

"If you learned nothing from the human atrocities that happened along the Gulf Coast following the devastation of the hurricane, you should have learned that your shooting skills could be called upon at any time. You need to be accurate and you need to be effective." Quote by the Analog Kid. I couldn't have said it better myself, so I didn't.

This week, I practiced with small, concealable hideout weapons. These are the ones that most usually don't shoot at the range. Most folks who have them don't shoot them often, preferring to shoot heavier weapons.

Why carry them if you aren't proficient? If all you ever shoot is a 1911, but your pocket .32 is all you carry, you are asking for trouble if you ever have to depend on the .32 to save you from disaster.

If you carry it, shoot it.

Today.

Thanks to Rivrdog and AnalogKid for the post......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted