Sunday, July 31, 2005

CWSA Hanging Plate Shoot - Report

KeeWee and I just got back from the CWSA plate shoot, and have just enough time to shower off the gunpowder, change clothes, and head to the airport for the first part of our mini-expedition.

At least I have partially settled the score with Al L., who solidly kicked my butt, not once, but twice, yesterday at the pin shoot. I managed to squeak by Al by four plates for first in the optical sight class, with Al second, and Pegi third.

Iron sight, clearly (or blurrily, in my case), is not my specialty, but I managed to struggle my way to a fourth place, with Al and Jim P. tied for first, and Jim winning the shoot-off. Steve was third. Only six plates out of a possible seventy-two separated first and fourth, so I can't complain!

We all had a good time, especially making fun of Jim and his new hat!

Pictures of this shoot will be posted when I get back..........


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

All contents copyright 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2012 and beyond, unless otherwise noted